We are 10!

by 12:20 PM 0 comments

9 messy beds to make
9 yellow cereal bowls to serve
9 ponytails for school
9 closets to clean
9 different sides to a story
9 chores to check
9 to help with homework
9 Oh’s and awe’s at the boy on the TV screen
9 distinct laughs
9 girls all needing something at the same time
9 hugs goodnight
9 broken lives

They moved some little girls (who are now considered big girls) up with us and we received some new kids into the children’s home. As a result, my dorm grew.
I went from 6 to 9 girls! I’m amazed at what a difference three make. I can feel the difference…busier, fuller, louder.
School has just started and everyone is adjusting to their earlier morning schedule, new school, or new caregiver. We are all adjusting.
There are so many sweet moments, here’s a glimpse:


“I want to get better grades this year.”
“I want us to have dinner together, just our dorm…”
“I can’t wait for my 15th birthday party!”
“Will you sing a duet with me?”
“God has so much more for us than we can see …”
“She said she won’t be my friend anymore…”
“I’m going to practice…I’m singing at church tomorrow!”
“The girls say I’ve changed…but I know I haven’t…I mean I know I got prettier, but that’s it!”
“If I could turn back time, I would go back and stop my mom from dying.”



There’s so much to do, so much to say, so much to teach, so much to love. Please pray that we will continue to grow in unity as a dorm and that God will continue to  restore the broken pieces of their lives as they begin to see and experience his blessing.

Anna Valdez

Developer

Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment