I Dream of Paradise

by 5:55 PM 2 comments



Heaven isn’t something I think about too often. I’m surrounded by messy lives that affect innocent people. I want to see the results now! I want to see full restoration. And to me that sometimes means A’s in a report card, the whispering of prayers,  good behavior, and following the rules. Now that I look at it that way, it doesn’t seem like a very exciting life that I want for my girls…right?

God always has to bring me back to his plans. While singing a song to the girls about heaven, I kinda choked up. I began to imagine them in heaven. She would know how beautiful she is, even have a glorified body and wouldn’t struggle with her body image. Another would be singing, and no one there would tell her to shush. Another will finally experience full love that she’s always longed for in a mother. And another will be able to walk without any support; she would be dancing too.

I began to pray, because Jesus , all I want is to see them there. Even if they can’t get it all together now. I will accept bad reports from school now, I will continue to remind them to speak with respect, and I will continue to hug them when they miss family. As long as I get to spend time with you and have them around. I want to be able to see their lives fully restored in that place you have for us. The place where there is only joy and no more tears. That’s the place where I belong.

It’s going to take a lifetime for these girls to have full restorations. They have experienced all types of abuse at an early age and now God is creating new pathways for them to begin to know what it is to trust, love, and control their emotions. Maybe I won’t see the results tomorrow when she refuses to obey, but I will see it one day….in his presence.

Let’s pray that we never lose hope in God’s promise of a becoming a new creation in him and that One day we will be in his presence with 9  restored orphan girls. 

Anna Valdez

Developer

Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.

2 comments: