India: The Harvest is Plenty

by 2:33 AM 1 comments

Little Tom's 
It’s 4 am and I can’t get India off my mind.  I tried to drown these thoughts with the T.V. and browsing the internet, but this morning my heart is heavy. I keep smelling  the bug spray we protected ourselves with and the incense they use every morning to worship their gods. I keep hearing the constant honking of horns from every bus, taxi and moped. And I keep seeing the faces, all dressed in bright blues and yellows and pinks.
 
Children from Little Tom's

In India, we served in 5 sites: three children’s homes and 2 slum ministries.
The girls of Peace Home

Mercy home has about 200 kids; there are two house parents for all the children.
The 100 plus girls are divided into 8 rooms, with one caregiver who watches over all of them.

Peace Home has 17 girls all with bright eyes. They are raised by one 24 year old caregiver with two children of her own.

Eternal Joy Home has about 21 children, with two house parents and two teen helpers. There are 3 special needs children in this home.

Christ for All is a ministry in the slums that hosts an after school feeding program for about 100 children. It is run by a married couple who probably supply the only meal these children eat daily.

Little Tom’s is a school whose primary purpose is to serve the children in the Muslim slums. It is run by a widow and serves about 100 children.
Children from Mercy Home

The images of these 500 plus children I met this week bombard my mind. The caregiver’s tired eyes and hungry spirits are keeping me awake. I keep seeing the children dancing and singing. I see the faces of their caregivers and wonder how they do it all. How can they possible serve all those children?

I am reminded that the harvest is plenty, but the workers are few. I am reminded that in our weakness, he is strong. I am reminded that if  we ask, he will give us the nations as inheritance.  And I claim his promises! Tonight I pray to the Lord of the harvest to send workers into the field. Oh Lord, that you would call workers, and that they would obediently answer.   

Children From Eternal Joy
This is a common theme in all our ministry sites. We need laborers to defend the weak and the fatherless. Please help me pray. 

Anna Valdez

Developer

Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a great blessing to minister and serve the Lord in this way. It's amazing that you can be doing something really meaningful in your life right now. I wish you the best. :D

    ReplyDelete