#lililessons

by 10:28 AM 0 comments
We were walking to worship down by the big palapa on the Back2Back campus. We settled into a  spot where we could be comfortable and not distract so much just in case I had to translate for Lili. Soon she spotted an intern sitting by herself on a picnic table. And she told me "someone should go sit with her." I wan't sure if she was challenging me. I glanced at her and said feel free to sit wherever you'd like. She giggled and looked at Alex the intern again, "I'm going to sit with her because she is lonely." And although Lili doesn't speak to Alex ,much and doesn't know the life of an intern, she got up, walk over, said hi, and sat right next to Alex.

Lili didn't know that many interns struggle with homesickness when they move to another country for a month. She doesn't know how much work they do in one day and how exhausted they are at the end of the day. Lili didn't know that interns come to Mexico by themsleves to serve God, and that is sometimes makes you feel a little lonely. She had no idea what she was doing by sitting next to Alex. But Lili saw Alex, and knew what Alex might need, what we all need...someone who just sits next to us so we won' t be alone.

This is only one Lili lesson. There are many lessons that Lili is teaching me. I like to chronicle them using a hashtag, #lililessons. These little life lessons encourage me and sometimes even convict me. She has taught me that it's always more fun reading a book together, that you can make the honor roll after some hard work, that when we admit that we need glasses we can see the beauty God created in full color, and that Jesus wants to be involved in all parts of our life.

I have to pay attention to the glimpses of His glory in our life. The little parts where his goodness shines through and I catch him right in our midst. I  believe he is around when we are trying something new for dinner, when we dance and laugh, and even when we read a book upside down for hours. When I invite him every night , I truly believe His light fills our home and He is everywhere. I want to be aware of him, don't you? Where has he shown up in your life?

Genesis 28:16 
 When Jacob awoke from his sleep, he thought, “Surely the Lord is in this place, and I was not aware of it.”

Follow me on Facebook and twitter to see other #lililessons .








Anna Valdez

Developer

Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment