Jump

by 8:54 AM 0 comments
When you’re on the brink of doing something hard, you feel so small. I usually go silent. It’s hard to keep casual conversation going when your mind is focused on one thing… on one person…on small glimmers of hope. It's like if I have to squeeze a tight fist, hold my breath, and jump.

In a few hours I will welcome a second teen into my home. She will be part of the Hope Program here at Back2Back, together we are going to face High School, work, chores, boys and the ghosts of her past. I feel like I should be totally comfortable with her coming, I’ve known her for almost four years and lived with her for almost three years at Casa Hogar Douglas. But a year apart can bring all types of uncertainties and doubt.

It doesn't matter how much training or preparation I have, I still have to stand in front on the one I love and see a broken heart. But I want to remember that I have tasted and seen Him bring mercy day by day. He has overcome loneliness and the fight for control before with His healing.

So, as I await the unknown I will lay it down. I will open my mouth and offer Jesus my song in hopes that he will sit right by me and enjoy my praise. And all at the same time I will remember what He has called her and pray she will be know her true name.



Inspired by this playlist:
Besamé by Marcos Brunet
Holy Spirit by Francesca Barastelli
Say Something by A Great Big World
Ever Be by Bethel Music

Touch the Sky by Hillsong United

Anna Valdez

Developer

Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment