Heart Pain

by 5:48 PM 0 comments



It’s a breathless feeling when your heart hurts. I guess people can respond to it all sorts of ways, but I usually want to run and hide. I don’t want to face the pain, the problem, the hurt. I want to leave it straggling behind me. I learned this when Dany moved back in, and I couldn’t face her struggling to get out the door when the bell rang for lunch. I caught myself trying to walk ahead of her and not turn around—pain literally in my chest.

She is back with me! After months and months recuperating she is back. She can take steps, more if she uses a walker, but she spends most of the day sitting in her wheel chair. I didn’t know what to expect or how she would respond to the move, but she was ready for it! She listened as we had our little dorm meeting, never cracked a joke or said  ‘Yo no quiero hacer eso,” which often was her response.  One of the first things she asked is what her chore would be, making sure she was treated like the rest.  “Don’t treat me like I’m disabled.” I could tell that in these 6 months she had changed.

I never expected to be so affected by having her back with me. Every time I hear her drag her feet, or pound the walker down for support, I can’t bare to look.  I remember when she was on top of our dorm pyramid, when she would dance to her favorite song, and refuse to do her chore. Now she is hungry to do all the normal things that she’s missed.
Although that thought causes my heart to break, I remember the first nights in the hospital: the cries of pain, laying with her in bed trying to take her mind away from the pain and boredom. I want to stare as she combs her own hair, washes her breakfast plate, and takes the necessary tiresome steps to walk to her bed at night.

It’s been only a week and my emotions are running wild just seeing her everyday struggles. Please pray for her future, her vulnerability, and her heart. Pray for my flinching, that in my weakness He will be strong. 

Anna Valdez

Developer

Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment