Her Story

by 9:32 PM 0 comments
“Do you think God wants me to tell my story?”
“Do you think God wants every person he has healed to talk about it?”

Our conversation began telling her of this great opportunity. I was asked to write a devotional for the B2B summer devotional. This is the book that every person who comes on a mission trip with back2back will receive. If there is anything I have to tell the world, it is definitely of his healing power to repair and redeem. I immediately thought of telling her story. How he healed, not only her body, but also her heart, and her relationships.  But I knew that it wasn’t only my story to tell. I had to get her side of it, I needed her help. She knew what Jesus had one in her life. I had only seen it, but she had experienced it.

So there we were in the waiting room of her rehab clinic, where she still received physical therapy, talking about how far she had come.
I told her the story of the disciples who asked Jesus, “Why was this man born blind? Did His mother sin?” Jesus responded, “He was born this way so that God’s glory could be shown.” Sometimes we think God is punishing us. That we have done something to deserve the suffering in our lives. Many of my girls put this guilt upon themselves. But the truth is, God uses those messes in our lives to show us and the people around us who He is. God had healed her to show His glory in her life. This helped her believe; it turned her life around. I explained God had given her a great story to tell, and many people were waiting to hear it, to be blessed by it.

Soon, she was asked to share her story at church. It was the first time she publicly spoke about it. Although she could barely get the words out, she thanked God. She thanked him for his healing, for his help, and for never leaving her. Later that week I wrote her story, added parts only she knew. She approved it and we sent it in.

We serve a God who is adventurous. His story for us sends us to places where we can only trust him to survive.


Have you told someone your story lately? God is waiting to show His Glory through you!


Anna Valdez

Developer

Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment