Sowing the Seed.

by 5:55 PM 0 comments

As I write this blog, I am truly humbled to be able to experience what God is doing in my dorm. I returned to Casa Hogar Douglas on Sunday, after being away fundraising for about 5 weeks, to be the caregiver for the teen girls dorm. There have been some changes since last time I was here. 3 of my girls have began high school and moved to another program. 2 other girls have been adopted and are now in the process of moving to the United States. And 3 new girls joined my dorm.

This week has been a transitional week. God has blessed us with peace and joy in the midst of so many changes. The girls are happy, and excited about us being together. There is an understanding about the rules and responsibilities and they have been cooperative. We have even gotten some new traditions: like reading before bedtime and English speaking class before dinner (with 3 very promising students).

Out of all the movement, the greatest thing is that they are beginning to listen! Not only hear because they have to, but really contemplate and accept what I am teaching them. We have been able to discuss racism, flirtatious behaviors, what a christian young lady should be like, gossip, and even respecting one another.
They have began to quote me saying, “lo que sembras es lo que cosecharas” (what you sow is what you will reap). It is amazing to see genuine respect in these girls. Their maturity, through the word of Christ that I have been sowing, is blooming!


Thank you for your support that allows me to see the changes Christ can do in a teen. It’s been a long ride, but we’ve come so far!

Sowing the Seed,
Anna Valdez




Anna Valdez

Developer

Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment