The terrified.

by 7:32 AM 0 comments
Kids from hard places are terrified. They live in state of look-out. They are protective to be sure no one harms them again, ever. Their bodies literally undergo physical reactions to the fear that they experience daily.

They think, Will my mom come and visit me today…will she be well? My caregiver left because she didn’t want to be with me anymore. What if I don’t have anything to eat tomorrow? You really don’t care about me, so many people have told me that before.  I can tell when the people taking care of me do not want to be around me. I had a dream that you would not turn when I called you…I yelled for help and you would not run around.

I’ve studied a little about how their experiences shape their minds and thoughts. There are people and things that just terrify them. They have learned don’t get too close, stay away, or you will get hurt.

One of my primary jobs is to create a safe place for the kids I work with, specifically Lili,  and teach other caregivers how they can do the same. We try to make our day predictable, pray before bedtime, sometimes leave a light on at night, provide for their needs as best as possible and build a connection of trust so that they can learn that it’s ok to trust adults. Nonetheless sometimes life gets in the way and I have to be gone for a few days or  I fail, and sometimes they are scared again.

But as I read my Bible today I was so grateful that I don’t have to fight off fear on my own.

You will bring justice to the orphans and the oppressed, so mere people can no longer terrify them. Psalm 10:19 NLT


Thank you Jesus for not leaving us to fight off fear alone. The darkness can never drown out your light.

Anna Valdez

Developer

Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment